This month marks the reopening of our U.S. office in Washington DC, and we intend to engage in a broad spectrum of activities to raise the presence level of Keidanren member companies within the Washington DC policymaking community, and the United States more broadly.
Keidanren Chairman Sakakibara has consistently emphasized the importance of the United States as Japan’s most important bilateral partner, and a critical ally in ensuring peace and stability in the Asia-Pacific region. By establishing a base of operations in the political and administrative heart of the U.S., we will strive to further deepen cooperation and coordination between the U.S. and Japanese economies.
Keidanren USA’s main objectives are as follows:
- Collection and Analysis of Information on the U.S.-Japan Relationship
- Promotion of Japanese Business Sector Proposals and Perspectives on Current Issues
- Promoting Better Understanding of the Current Political/Economic/Social Situation in Japan
- Promoting Awareness of Japanese Companies’ Contributions to the U.S. Economy
- Establishment and Enhancement of Policymaking Networks both within Washington DC and at the State and Local Level
We view our role here as linking the many different examples of Japanese business activities in the U.S. into a vibrant and effective framework that serves to represent the closeness and interrelated nature of the two economies. We ask for your support and welcome your participation as we commence work on this important task.